Friday, December 23, 2005

Work Schedule & Mens Retreat

What an adjustment this Christmas is going to be. I am used to having a week or more off during the Christmas season but that isn’t happening this year. I know I get Christmas day off, and New Years day but that is all, other than my regular two days off out of seven.

I guess God knew what He was doing because we have been released from all family activities which is super strange. Typically we are running from here to there having to go to six different places. This year we are going to go to church and then come home and relax.

I was tested a bit this week as another job opportunity arose. Options are good and I looked into it but it really seems that God has me where He wants me. I have had the chance to share the gospel with a couple co-workers and the other night I got to share my testimony. He is definitely strengthening my boldness and bringing people into my path. Exciting stuff.

The picture you see here is something I whipped up for the upcoming men’s retreat. For anybody interested we will be having our retreat this February 24-26 at Camp Oshkidee, this year we are opening it up to any man who wants to join us. Each year God has been calling us closer and closer to each other and to Him, this year will be no different. I am expecting God to do some amazing stuff in the live of us men. In my archives I have described what happened to me at the last men’s retreat, you can find that here.
Little did I know at that time what a difference receiving to Holy Spirit would make in my life and my day to day walk. I will be writting more on it as we come closer to that date.

2 comments:

Nin said...

So so neat! Praise God that you were able to walk away from that distraction, and stay planted where the Lord has you. It's moments like those that grow our character allot more than we know. Am excited for all of you for the upcoming retreat. It's amazing to see how far you and carbear have come since last year, it's like black and white, everyone sees it, I have inside connections ;)

Anonymous said...

Initial estimate is $60.00 for the weekend (all inclusive except for road munchies) Start saving your pennies!

Unqualified To Drive\Live

Were you driving today? Try and think of your drive to work or wherever you were going and ask yourself how aware were you of your driv...