Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Stingy Rich

A recent government study proves my point: those earning less than $10,000 give 5.5 percent of their income to charitable causes. Those earning over $500,000 give less than 3 percent.

I thought this to be very interesting, and very true. If I tithe 10% of a thousand, it is only $100. I don't think about it and it silently slips out of my bank account with little notice.

Change the numbers a bit and lets say God decides to bless with a heftier sum, maybe $6000. 10% of that is now $600 dollars. That only leaves me with $5400, and I find myself justifying out the wazoo why this money was not something that I need to tithe on.

That greed must look so ugly to God, as he usually blesses us with finances to bless others and I have trouble letting go only 10% of the whole.

1 comment:

Trail Rider said...

As you are tackling this part of your heart, I see God at work. You are being faithful and God will in turn bless our family with your desire and action to serve him in this area.

It's true tho, about that article. Very interesting

Unqualified To Drive\Live

Were you driving today? Try and think of your drive to work or wherever you were going and ask yourself how aware were you of your driv...