Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Counting My Blessings


I am not really sure what God is up to, but all I can say is wow! I am in awe of everything my father is doing, and I am really starting to wonder what I have done to deserve this? The answer is so simple though, nothing! God never blesses because of what we have done, but because of who He is. Here is a list of what God has done since I closed my business almost exactly one year ago today.

  • A close and loving, trust filled, romantic relationship with my wife
  • Kids that are showing the fruit of the Holy Spirit alive in them
  • A baby (another arrow for my quiver)
  • Financial provision
  • A new job (that I really enjoy)
  • Confidence
  • New neighbors (my brother and sister-in-law)
  • A home for my family
  • Hope
  • A new nephew
  • A new found enjoyment of home repairs
  • A better relationship with my parents
  • Provision for two new bedrooms, a bathroom and living room (basement renovations)

I am starting to feel like my life is a road map to God. Everything I have listed has a story behind it and I can show you how God's fingerprints were all over how these things. The most recent addition to the list happened today, we got a phone call from President's Choice Children's Charity and...........we got the funding for our van! Wow! And just to show off, the day we are to receive the funding is the same day we take possession of our house. Wow, praise God!
I am still in shock; I have never seen the hand of God like this in my life. And honestly it really makes me look at my life and ask what I have done for him?
It also reminds me of how I have put my earthly fathers face on my God. Growing up I always felt like my father didn't want good things for me. As such I have had a hard time when praying to ask for earthly things because I felt like He didn't care about anything that wasn't spiritual or about saving souls.

Thank God that He doesn't fit into our boxes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your family!!! You deserve all that you are blessed with!!
Jenny

Lani - the flowerlady said...

Oh my, that is soooooooooo wonderful. I was just wondering about that whole funding thing the other day and was gonna ask Sarah about it but forgot. Congrats on all fronts.

Unqualified To Drive\Live

Were you driving today? Try and think of your drive to work or wherever you were going and ask yourself how aware were you of your driv...