Monday, March 05, 2007

Thank you


I am thankful for my Pastor, Terry Froese. He has been leading me and my family for nearly 7 years now, and the more I get to know him, the more I am so thankful that I have him in my life.
He loves his church, and has done everything he can to correct, and guide our body towards a closer, intimate relationship with Jesus. His gentle, yet direct correction has always been what I needed, though at the time may have stung a little.
I have not had a deep intimate relationship with him, there were proper boundaries that were set in place when we first started attending our church. None the less I know that he is for me, and that he leads me the way that a Shepard leads his flock.
Terry was there for me and my family when Caleb passed away. He stepped in and helped us make funeral decisions and most importantly prayed for us and taught us valuable information about what grief is and what we would be facing ahead.
He has had to take some time off for himself to heal and renew, and I miss my spiritual father. But I know that when the timing is right, and Jesus has done the work on him that he needs, he will return with an new and even greater anointing.

Rest Good Shepard,
Love Your Flock

2 comments:

armacleod said...

You may not remember me, but I used to go to the church that Sarah and Nin grew up in a long time ago. I would just like to say that it's great when you have an amazing spiritual mentor there beside you. I've been leading a small group at my church of some men (all around my age,) and I see the needs there for them to have mentors as well. God bless you in this time of celebration of your newborn.

andrew + camille said...

yay - he's back now!
i love our pastor, he's so wonderful, eh? we are blessed to have him

Unqualified To Drive\Live

Were you driving today? Try and think of your drive to work or wherever you were going and ask yourself how aware were you of your driv...