Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Transitions

Well, as you can see my blogging has dropped down to a minimum. I love blogging but lately it has seemed like I barely have time to breathe let alone blog.

Today was officially my third week at my new job, wow what a brain adjustment that has been.

Going from:
-being my own boss
-doing basically what I like when ever I want
-being able to run all my daily errands
-sitting at a desk or bench all day
-eating out every day

To:

-being at the bottom of the ladder
-having to justify every moment of my work day
-having no time to do anything but the job at hand
-on my feet 8 hours, running from here to there
-bag lunches

I has taken some adjustment.

But......some of the cool things are:
-being a part of a team
-learning to submit to those who have been placed in a position of authority over me
-concentrating on one job, selling
-being able to develop relationships and influence co-workers
-bringing the Holy Spirit with me to work and letting the love of Christ shine through me

I have been lacking energy and am tired all the time, hopefully my body will adjust soon. Recently I have been feeling very dry spiritually, it has been hard to get up in the mornings and have my time with God. And on top of all of that I have not been spending time with my brothers and developing relationships.

Lord please help me through this time of transition, help me to be able to shine your love throughout my work. May all who see me know that there is something different about me. Help me to get up in the morning and spend my time with you, and fill me so that I am so full of your Spirit that I cannot help but overflow out of me. Help me to submit joyfully to those whom you have placed in authority over me and do the best job I possibly can.

4 comments:

andrew + camille said...

Hope you continue to grow at your new job!! Blessings on you.

Our good pal Murray Sutcliffe is there,(at Future shop) as well as a newfie named Brad. WE already told Murray to keep an eye out for you!!

Trail Rider said...

the cool thing about every season....dry, wet, windy, sunny....is that God never changes. And we don't have to fly all over the place with the weather because we live in a house on the rock!!! YEA!!!

If a dry sandstorm is coming your way as a test, shut your windows and take advantage of the time in your house to get jiggy with God!
I love being in every step with you. It truly is a joy to walk with you and grow in being your helper. (I'm not very good at it yet....still haven't made your lunch yet....:(

love you OXOXOXOXOXu

Moose said...

Hey bro...guess I missed you tonite there. Yeah being at a job sure takes some getting used to. We really gotta get together. I just want to encourage you that even in the desert there is water. Sometimes we just gotta dig for it. Bless you bro. Your friend Moose

Nin said...

good to hear from you,
good to have a computer!!! (thank you!)
It's neat that you put in your prayer that you want people to see a difference in you, because that was the very first thing I was going to say! There IS something different in you! I can see it! It's aaaaaaaaaall over you! What a blessing to be able to witness the faithfulness of God in you.

Unqualified To Drive\Live

Were you driving today? Try and think of your drive to work or wherever you were going and ask yourself how aware were you of your driv...