Friday, September 23, 2005

Hope

Just give you guys a bit of an update as to what has been going on in the last while and why I have not been blogging.

It is official, Compass is closing September 30th.

COMPASS COMPUTER SYSTEMS
2000-2005
R.I.P


Tomorrow (Saturday the 24th) I will be having a sale to sell off all my remaining components and stock. All my on-site service clients have been notified, I just need to send a letter out to all the others.

All of my time recently has been spent trying to make sure I tie up all the loose ends in closing Compass. There are many loose ends and commitments to live up to, I really want to make sure I finish well and don't have a bunch of customers upset with me. There has been lots of support and sincere concern for my well-being, which is just a reflection of the great relationships I have formed over these last 5 years.

I have been at peace about finding a job after everything is done and haven't really been searching. People have been very critical of me for this saying that I have 5 people to look after I can't leave finding a job to chance. Not to sound niave but the whole time I have figured that since I God has asked me to close my business so he must have a plan for my next step. The more I repeated this the dumber I felt and started doubting.

I did pass out a couple resumes though and I get a first and second interview at a particular business. The first interview went great, the second I thought I bombed and I never heard back from them. Sometime last week I was having trouble sleeping. It may have been something I ate, I am not sure but somewhere around 5am I had a vision that I would work at this business and in the vision I became the top sales person within 3 months.

I wasn't sure what to think about this, was it God or was I just hallucinating. This wasn't a normal thing for me to have a vision like this and since the timing seemed to be bang on I as I have been praying for direction I decided it was God. In faith I went to go see manager again, just to remind him I am still here and eager to work. Our brief meeting went well and he said he would get back to me by last Friday with a yes or a no. Friday came and went and so did the weekend, then the week without a phone call. So what was that all about God? Did I hear you? I was sure that was you but no phone call means no job, no job means vision was just indigestion. :(

Oh well, let it rest, I got enough other stuff on my plate anyways.

Phone call comes today, I start on Tuesday. How do you like them apples?

3 comments:

Moose said...

Wow! Praise God brother! (like you already aren't :) Awesome! I rejoice with you! Where you working at? Have to stop by and see the place :) Blessings -Moose

Trail Rider said...

Do not fret, it always leads to evil. But one who trusts in God will inherit the land.
Do not fret at the success of men who trust in themselves,
wait in the Lord and he will give you peace and direction...

God is faithful and he knows our hearts

Trail Rider said...

k, time for an update....

Unqualified To Drive\Live

Were you driving today? Try and think of your drive to work or wherever you were going and ask yourself how aware were you of your driv...