Thursday, September 08, 2005

Technology


As many of you know I am into radio control cars as my hobby, it is really fun and I enjoy it a lot. I decided about a month ago I was going to get a new car. After lots of Ebay research I found a great deal and purchased it. I sent off the money order a while ago and recently emailed the seller as I haven't heard from him as to the shipping status. It was then I noticed the location, Violet, LA. I thought LA was Los Angeles but that is a city not a state. Nope that is Loiseianna, hurricane Katrina central. My RC is likely floating down the Mississipi somewhere quite possibly along with my money order (its whereabouts is currently unknown).
As comical as I am making this story it really isn't. The guy I purchased from did email me and he lost everything, their house is completely submerged. I find it incredible how a natural disaster can have effects as far reaching as right here in Canada. Thank you Internet.

2 comments:

Trail Rider said...

YOU ARE NOT NEAR 30! you still have one and half years to go before then!
(i just read you profile)

Moose said...

Yeah but he is a Really MATURE 28 1/2 year old LOL

Now me, I am 30 something :) GRIN

Bless Ya Firestarter - Your Bro Moose

Unqualified To Drive\Live

Were you driving today? Try and think of your drive to work or wherever you were going and ask yourself how aware were you of your driv...