Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Happy New Year

I know that New Years day was nearly two weeks ago, but better late than never.

I can remember my pastor asking me if I knew what the most religious day of the year was? At the time I thought it was a no brainer, has to be Christmas, possibly Thanksgiving. He said no, the most religious time of year is New Years day. Even the pagans become religious with there resolutions for the New Year. Well since then I have had a completely new outlook on new years and religious resolutions and have pretty much written them off.

It is interesting though, how the New Year has changed many things for my family. Probably the biggest change has been a new resolution to get on with life. It doesn't mean that the grieving has stopped, it just means that the grieving is no longer stopping life. Slowly, little by little we are finding that new normal.

1 comment:

Trail Rider said...

just letting you know i love you...
but you know that already.

Unqualified To Drive\Live

Were you driving today? Try and think of your drive to work or wherever you were going and ask yourself how aware were you of your driv...