Tuesday, November 22, 2005

"I Believe" The Walk


This Sunday at Church our pastor led us in repeating "I believe, I believe, I believe". It is amazing how powerful those words are. In some ways these words are so simple. Its like "Hello, of course your believe, you have been a Christian for most of your life". But it is more than that, because to confess those words is one thing, to confess those words in front of a non-believer another. But to walk those words out so that you don't have to say a thing, people just know is some else all-together.
So what does it mean to walk out "I believe"?

1. I walk in truth
It is no coincidence that the belt of truth is the first piece of armor we called to put on (Eph 6). I know the truth and accept the Word for what is says at face value. "Therefore, if any one is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, behold, the new has come" (2 Cor 5:17). I hear this and I walk in truth. When I want to believe the lies of my past I turn 180 degrees and turn towards the light.

2. I rebuke the lies
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you" (James 4:7) Many people love to quote the last part of that verse but without the first it is incomplete and impossible. If you simply resist, you will only be trying on your own power, you must first submit!!!! Lay down your life, (your worries, your problems, your anger, your sin) and submit it all to the Lord.

3. I walk in family
I know I cannot walk this Christian road on my own; I need friends to journey with me. I need to be discipled and I need to be dicipling others. I love my Church family an I accept that they are not perfect just as they accept me and my faults. I know that I have been called to walk along side of them and have been called to help build a spotless bride.

4. I walk in submission
"Obey your leaders and submit to them; for they are keeping watch over your souls, as men who will have to give account. Let them do this joyfully, and not sadly, for that would be of no advantage to you" (Hebrews 13:17)
I love my Church and I submit myself to the leadership. I trust the Holy Spirit within them and have faith that they are passionately pursuing the heart of God whatever direction they take. I trust that they love me, and always have my best in mind. Even when at times the love they show is challenging and doesn't feel so good. I know that to better myself sometimes I need to hear about the sin in my life that I cannot see.

5. I walk in peace
"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in the one body" (Col 3:15)
I know that I am called to be anxious for nothing, trusting in my heavenly father and His love for me. I am also called to be a peacemaker which means that I do not smooth things over, but confront them head on with boldness exposing lies for lies and sin for sin in the name of love. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God" (Matt 5:9)

2 comments:

Trail Rider said...

chewy meat!
Yummy
Let me chew on all that good stuff for awhile!
Love you! Check out my post....I talked about you (I always do, but I thought I would "look" good in telling you first!)

Hee hee....
good post.

Moose said...

Good Teaching Post Bro. A lot of truth in there. Very encouraging. Bless ya Bro! -Moose

Unqualified To Drive\Live

Were you driving today? Try and think of your drive to work or wherever you were going and ask yourself how aware were you of your driv...