Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Life Continues

As much as I wish I could crawl into a small hole somewhere and hibernate, life continues and things need to get done. After Caleb's passing all of my motivation for finishing our basement was gone, I didn't even want to look at it. But our contractor wanted to get it done before he shut down for Christmas vacation on the 15th of December.
So I was faced with one of two options, either wait until sometime in late January or February to continue, or get my grieving but in gear and get it done. Our baby is coming late February or March and I did not want to be doing insulation, drywall, paint ect with a new born in the house so we started work again.



Insulation and vapor barrier



Our bedroom all insulated



Ryan, my most faithful helper



Bedroom drywalled and mudded



The bathroom and bathtub Sarah has been longing to use



The box of screws I have accidentally dumped at least a dozen times

Since Friday I have had many friends and family help me, and many late nights. There is no way this ever could have gotten to this point without their help and I am so thankful. It really is overwhelming when people go out of their way to help you by rolling up their sleeves and getting their hands dirty.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Great job Joe, it really looks good and even though it's difficult right now.......you will really appreciate it when it's done. I love the feeling of jobs completed, it's a rewarding feeling! It was good to see you at Future shop the other day!
I hope you are all keeping well.
Blessings

Princess Warrior said...

You are a good man Joe and a fantastic father and husband. Blessings as life moves on and you learn to walk in a different way.

Nin said...

It's been amazing to see it all come together. You've done such a good job with everything!

Unqualified To Drive\Live

Were you driving today? Try and think of your drive to work or wherever you were going and ask yourself how aware were you of your driv...