Friday, March 04, 2005

Lifting my voice

God gave me a wonderful dream the other night. Many of the circumstances seemed weird as many dreams do, but the core message came through. I was on a stage singing a duet with someone, and I kept trying to sing but my voice would constantly falter. Then God would grant me His spirit and a mighty beautiful sound would bellow out of my mouth as if a fire was alive in my stomach and needed to be released. I still remember how beautiful my song was even though I don’t remember what it was.

I still wonder if it was a dream and if I were to stand in front of a microphone right now that God would release that song and that it would sound as beautiful to all of you as it did to myself.

You know what? It doesn’t matter. My song was and is beautiful to my God and is not limited to my earthly vocal cords. God has called me to lift up my voice, when I am by myself in private worship or when I am worshiping with my church family. And from now on I WILL lift my voice wherever I am, because I need to lift up the one who lifted me.

1 comment:

Trail Rider said...

sounds alot like my dancing worship dreams. I can relate! May God release the desires of your heart

love you

Unqualified To Drive\Live

Were you driving today? Try and think of your drive to work or wherever you were going and ask yourself how aware were you of your driv...