Friday, March 04, 2005

Thankful for this?

Ever since our fourth child was born mid February I have been the one getting my son on the school bus every morning. I have done this in a heart of servant hood to wife as she is getting only a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.

No a big deal right? Well in our case it is a bit more of a chore since my son cannot do anything for himself due to his Cerebral Palsy. Meds, sponge bath, lifting into the wheel chair, doing up all the straps, putting his cover on, getting down the stairs, it is a lot of work especially for 7am.

This particular morning my wife agreed to put him on the bus so that I could go to one of my regular morning meetings. Well the long and short of it is that I ended up sleeping past when I needed to get up for my meeting. My wife feeling that I abused an act of good will, retaliated and the fight was on.

I did go to me meeting even though I was late. One of the last words my wife said to me was “your welcome”. The rest of the way to the meeting I kept saying to myself “yeah thanks for the wonderful morning” and “thanks for your servant heart”.

How many times has my savior done this for me? He laid down his life, so that I may have a new life empowered by His Holy Spirit. How many times have I looked at that gift as common?

“God give me the eyes to always see your sacrifice for me. That you, a Holy and sovereign God would die for me. So that I would be able to have eternal communion with my heavenly father. Thank you for my wife and her true servant heart, please help me to appreciate her more”

1 comment:

Trail Rider said...

thank you for your humility. It's always easy to see what's wrong with the other person and hard to see what you need to change. I believe that's 99% of fights in marriage is worrying about "your rights"
God will always show you what you need to change and never talk to you about the other persons faults. I wonder what he must think sometimes when we pray, "God change this person and show this person this and that..."

Humility will allow you to be exalted in the highest,

love you

Unqualified To Drive\Live

Were you driving today? Try and think of your drive to work or wherever you were going and ask yourself how aware were you of your driv...