Saturday, March 05, 2005

Retreat, retreat, retreat -- Part 2

I was fortunate enough to room with my best friend and the first night we ended up talking till early in the morning. I told him at that time that I felt like we (all of us) were behind a curtain, getting ready for a school play. We were getting ready but on the other side of the curtain we could hear the murmur of the audience anxiously awaiting the curtain to rise. I didn’t know what it meant but I was excited.

The following day God asked me to keep bringing my brothers before God and to pray for them as we worshipped and heard the spoken word. God met us immediately as we started our praise and worship as the powerful sound of 35 men lifted our voices to the one who brought us. We formed small groups and confessed our sins to each other and prayed for cleansing. God brought me to weeping bitterly for the sin in my life and for my brothers.

We played a great game of hockey on the frozen lake later that afternoon and my team emerged triumphant after going 4 games without one loss.

Our pastor spoke to us that evening after supper about our resisting coming under the authority of God in our lives and taking responsibility for our families. We were called into a time of repentance and prostrating ourselves before God. We were met by the holy spirit and he cleansed us of all our unrighteousness.

This next part is going to get a little hard for me to explain, so please have patience with me as I am still trying to understand everything that happened to me and through me.

No comments:

Unqualified To Drive\Live

Were you driving today? Try and think of your drive to work or wherever you were going and ask yourself how aware were you of your driv...