Sunday, August 21, 2005

Daddyhood

Next to being a man of God and husband there is no greater calling on my life than being a father. I cannot express how much I love my kids and what a blessing they are to me. My youngest is number four in our litter. She has an amazing ability to pull my heart strings. I think that God wired us as fathers with a special love for our daughters. Not that God hasn't wired us with a special love for our sons as well, but it is different. I will be the first to admit that I love my boys differently than my girls, not more, just differently.

I have studied my sister over the years and noted how that need for the daddy love which she feels she never got has affected her life. As a result I have committed myself to loving my girls and giving them everything that they need. I plan to spoil them for their future husbands. Raising the bar if you will. So that when these little punks come around my girls will not be so easily enticed. Being treated with respect and having gentlemanly manners will not be and option it will just be expected or hit the road jack, because that is how their Daddy treated them.

3 comments:

Trail Rider said...

awwww. your such an awesome dad! I bet people don't even think we talk! We must have an onlin"e relationship....lol Well, if you wanna know how my day is dear...just read my blog."....LOL

I love those thoughts. love you...have a great day.

CWG said...

Hey buddy
You are so right. What a priviledge to wake up every morning, look your daughter in the eye and tell her that you love her. WOW a tremendous blessing.
As for your #4... she has an ability to draw people to her. (kinda like her mother) God is going to use that in her to draw people to himself. You are right. Love her and her the intimacy that she needs in her life will NOT be sought after in the world. Your growing well my friend. See you when I return.

andrew + camille said...

Aww..
*wiping tear from eye*

You rock. Seriously, I have gained SOO much from the respect, love and attention my earthly Daddy has given me. I'm definitely a Daddy's girl, always have been. And it REALLY helped me in my romantic/dating life later on. C'mon - i married my first boyfriend and let me tell you, that is the ultimate way to go. I know it doesn't happen for everyone, but it is a huge blessing.
Keep on being a Dad.
and man do I LOOOOVE your daughters, too!

Unqualified To Drive\Live

Were you driving today? Try and think of your drive to work or wherever you were going and ask yourself how aware were you of your driv...