Sunday, August 14, 2005

Serenity

I though this was kind of interesting. I was going through some old files and came accross this poem I wrote back when I was dating my beautiful wife. I used to think I was quite the poet. I used poetry to get me through the hard times I went through with her. Many of my poems are quite dark but not this one, this one was written shortly after an Alanon meeting that I went to. It was there that I came back to my Lord Jesus after parting from him for 3-4 years. It was beautiful and he gave me relief from the pain I was going through. Serenity is about what it felt like to have that pain lifted and being brought back into His presence.


Serenity

A light shines through the darkness

Day breaks upon my cool frosted soul

A feeling of warmth comes over me and I open my eyes

The beauty of the world around me overcomes my emotions and I cannot help but to weep

How long had I taken this all for granted

How long have I looked through these hate stained glasses

What has changed

Has the world around me changed?

I ponder on this for a while and come to the conclusion that nothing has changed

Just me

I float down a crystal clear stream letting the water flow through me and cleanse my soul

The stream gentley carries me down to a lake that is just as pure as the stream

I swim around, carefree as bubbles that feel like sparkles consume and relax me

I get out of the water and stand on my now stable feet, and as the Son beats upon my naked chest the pure whiteness reflects off of me and shines so bright that it blinds the sun

As I slosh through the sand and feel it ooze between my toes, I feel my troubles, worries, ambitions and everything else that has weighed me down for so long draining out and being left as footprints in the sand

The pure water then laps upon the shore and washes them away

I look around and see the dark forest surrounding me

I decide to ingnore it this time and continue towards the light

4 comments:

Trail Rider said...

those were hard times.....i sure drug you through alot with my addictions. you should post the other writings you had about addictions andsuch. you are a gifted writer!
love you

andrew + camille said...

that was wicked. you show a lot of talent in the written word, dude.

I just have to say one thing, though!!!
PURE WHITENESS!! Was that literal or metaphorical?

teehee
don't worry Carebear, my hubby is also pure white!

Trail Rider said...

Well....yes some of us are whiter than others, darn Europeans. Maybe when I grow up I'll get a tan.

Moose said...

Hey Bro, that was awesome. Man those words were powerful. If you have some more of those poems I would love to see them man, I might be able to put them to music, Seriously. Thanks for baring your soul man, that was powerful. More man, more.

Unqualified To Drive\Live

Were you driving today? Try and think of your drive to work or wherever you were going and ask yourself how aware were you of your driv...